If you are in search of a court reporter Boston trusts to transcribe your deposition, you may want to give Capital Reporting Company a call. Our court reporters are dedicated and experienced and ready to assist you. The court reporters at our company work hard to transcribe everything accurately and in a timely manner.
Qualities to Look for in a Court Reporter
In order to choose the right court reporter in Boston, it’s important to look for certain characteristics when interviewing one. A court reporter might have the required education and experienced, but if he or she is lacking certain qualities, he or she might not give you the results you are looking for. Here are the qualities you may want to look for in a court reporter:
- Technologically Savvy: Court reporting technology has come a long way in recent years, so it’s important for court reporters to keep up with it. It may be in your best interest to choose a court reporter Boston respects who has knowledge of specific computer software, such as Communication Access Real-time Translation.
- Focus: A court reporter has to record exactly what is said in court, so he or she has to be completely focused. If a court reporter is easily distracted, he or she might miss certain things that are said in court and create a record that is inaccurate.
- Prompt: A court reporter Boston relies on should also be prompt. Depositions almost always start on time and arriving late may cause a court to miss important details.
- Organized: A court reporter may be responsible for holding onto several legal documents at one time, so it is crucial for him or her to be organized. If a court reporter keeps his or her desk clean and keeps the legal documents in the right order, documents are less likely to get misplaced.
- Skilled Typist: In order to record everything that is said, a court reporter must be able to type faster than people speak. This gives the court reporter time to add any necessary narrative notes.
Why Court Reporters Are Important
A Boston court reporter is an important person in the legal process. If there is no one to transcribe what is said during court proceedings, these important depositions and other court appearances can’t be recorded.
Even though there is modern technology that can record what’s being said in the courtroom, a court reporter Boston counts on may still be invaluable. For example, a computer can’t tell if a person put emphasis on a particular word or not. A court reporter, however, can make a note of this.
At Capital Reporting Company, we understand that you only want to hire the best and brightest court reporters. We hold our court reporters in high regard because they are hard working and always willing to go the extra mile for our clients. By hiring one of our court reporters, you can have all your depositions transcribed with accuracy.
If you are searching for a court reporter Boston offers, contact Capital Reporting Company at (866) 847-6290.